FAQFrequently Asked Questions
- How do I make a reservation?
[STEP 1] Once you have decided on your Kaiseki course, press the "Send a Reservation Inquiry" button and fill in the form.
[STEP 2] With the information you have provided, we will check the restaurant's availability for you.
- If there is availability, we will reserve your table immediately, and inform you by email.
- If there is no availability, we will inform you by email.
[STEP 3] Once a reservation has been confirmed, you will have 24 hours to complete your payment.
- If we cannot confirm your payment, your reservation will be cancelled automatically.
- Can I update my reservation date or time?
If you need to make an update to your reservation, please contact us directly between our busisness hours: 10AM~7PM (JST).
Please note that while we will do our best to accommodate your changes, due to the restaurant's availability, not all requests can be met.
Please be at the restaurant on time at your reserved date & time. If you are more than 30 minutes late, your reservation will be considered a NO SHOW and automatically cancelled.
- Are drinks included? What if I want to order more?
If you make any additional orders at the restaurant (items not included in your kaiseki course), you will be charged an additional fee. This will include all drinks, and any menu ordered a la carte.
We ask that the additional payment be made directly at the restaurant. Please note that not all restaurants are able to accept credit cards.
- Will my course include everything that is listed on the page?
As each restaurant's chef strive to provide you with the freshest ingredients of the season, all menu items are subject to change according to seasonality and availability.
Although some menu items may change from what is listed on the website, you will be guaranteed the freshest season & ingredient of that day!
- How do I make a payment?
Payment is accepted by credit card.
We will send you a PayPal payment request to your email. Please follow the payment steps as indicated on the PayPal page to complete your payment.
(You are not required to have a PayPal account to complete your payment)
Once your payment has been confirmed, we will send you a confirmation email with your reservation details.
- When do I have to complete my payment?
Payment must be completed within 24 hours of when the PayPal payment request has been sent to your email address.
- Why do I have to pay in advance?
As each chef at MACHIYA LOCAL's recommended restaurants all strive to serve the best in-season ingredients,
almost all of your kaiseki dinner course ingredients must be procured in advance, specifically for each reservation.
You'll not only be guaranteed the freshest ingredients,
but as each chef will be able to carefully plan each guests' meal, you'll be helping them to deter any unnecessary food loss, too!
- I want to cancel my restaurant reservation.
- Please contact MACHIYA LOCALS at least 2 days prior to your reservation date to make any cancellations (We must receive your email within our business hours of 10AM-7PM JST.)
|Days Before Reservation
||Cancellation Fee %
|2 or More Days
||0% (Free Cancellation)
|1 Day Prior or Day of Experience
||100% Cancellation Charge