TERMS & CONDITIONS
Article 1 (Application of Terms)
These terms and conditions apply to the use of MACHIYA LOCALS.com (hereinafter referred to as "MACHIYA LOCALS"), a website managed and operated by AJ InterBridge, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company"). The Terms and Conditions shall apply to any and all acts by the customer in using the Service (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
Third parties listed on MACHIYA LOCALS (hereinafter referred to as "Listed Facilities" “facility”) provide the experiences, etc. under their own responsibility, and MACHIYA is not involved in any way in the provision of such experiences, etc.
Article 2 (Reservation Request)
- The party making the reservation (hereinafter referred to as “guest”, “you”, “customer”) shall make a reservation for an experience, etc. through the Service after thoroughly confirming the details of the experience, etc. listed on MACHIYA LOCALS by the listed facilities and the terms and conditions of the contract stipulated by the facility. Customers who may apply for reservations are limited to those who are 18 years of age or older.
- When a customer makes a reservation request as described in Paragraph 1, we will check whether or not the reservation is possible, and will promptly inform the customer of the result by email. Please note that even if MACHIYA LOCALS sends an email informing the customer that the reservation is available, this does not constitute the conclusion of a contract; as stipulated in Article 3.3, a contract is concluded upon payment of the fee for the reservation.
- You agree that the information on MACHIYA LOCALS may differ from the information listed on other media, and you apply for the reservation in accordance with Paragraph 1.
- If you have any physical and health impairments, food allergies or dietary restrictions and require special accommodations, you shall inform the Company at the time you apply for a reservation. In such a case, the Company will inform the listed facility of such a request, but does not guarantee that the facility will meet such request. If the fee is paid without informing the Company of any special requests at the time of application for reservation, the contract for the experience will be concluded based on the standard content listed on MACHIYA LOCALS.
Article 3 (Payment of Fees and Conclusion of Contract)
- When the Company informs you in the email regarding the availability of the reservation as stipulated in Article 2.2 that the Company is able to make a reservation for the requested experience, etc., you shall pay the full amount of the fee for the said experience, etc. to the account designated by the Company within 24 hours.
- If the customer fails to pay the full amount of fees for the experience by the deadline in Paragraph 1, the Company may deem that the reservation for the requested experience has been canceled by the customer.
- When the customer pays the full amount of the fee for the experience within the time limit specified in Paragraph 1 of this Article, a contract for the experience is considered to be formed between the customer and the listed facility.
- When a contract for an experience is concluded between MACHIYA LOCALS and a customer in accordance with Paragraph 3 of this Article, the details of the contract stipulated by MACHIYA LOCALS shall apply.
- Fees are for the experiences listed on MACHIYA LOCALS only. Please note that additional payment of fees may be required according to the customer's request at the listed facility’s site.
Article 4 (Change of Contract)
When a customer wishes to change the contract for an experience established in accordance with Article 3, Paragraph 3, the customer shall inform the Company by email at least 7 business days in advance to that effect and the details of the desired change. However, neither the Company nor the listed facility shall be obligated to respond to such change even if the customer notifies the Company of such change. Please note that fees may be changed due to changes in the contract.
Article 5 (Cancellation of Contract)
- If you wish to cancel the contract for the Experience, etc., which has been concluded in accordance with Article 3, Paragraph 3, for your own reason, you shall notify the Company to that effect. Cancellation due to reasons other than force majeure or reasons attributable to the Company or the listed facility, such as flight cancellation due to inclement weather, shall be deemed as cancellation for the convenience of the customer.
- In the event of a cancellation under Paragraph 1 of this Article, a cancellation fee determined by the facility shall be deducted from the fees paid by the customer for the experience and refunded to the customer according to the time of contact. No refund shall be made if there is no money to be refunded to the customer.
|Number of days until experience start date
||Cancellation Fee %
|2 or More Days
||0% (Free Cancellation)
|1 Day Prior or Day of Experience
||100% Cancellation Charge
Remarks: The percentage figures are the rates of cancellation charges to the total accommodation charge.
*Please note that in the event of a refund, you will be refunded the experience fee minus any transfer fee and service charges.
Article 6 (Change or Cancellation of Contracts by Listed Facilities)
- Although the Company informs the listed facilities to avoid changes or cancellations of contracts that have already been made as much as possible, there may be cases in which a facility changes or cancels a contract that has already been made. In such cases, the Company shall promptly inform the customer of the change or cancellation of the contract.
- Any changes or cancellations of the contract made by the listed facility in accordance with Paragraph 1 of this Article shall be handled in accordance with the contract between the customer and the listed facility. In this case, the Company will assist in the proper handling of such changes or cancellations. However, as the contract is between the customer and the listed facility, if there is a problem between the customer and the listed facility that the Company deems cannot be handled by the Company, it shall be resolved between the customer and the listed facility. The Company & MACHIYA LOCALS shall not be held responsible for any damage.
Article 7 (Customer Compliance)
- . The customer shall not reproduce or transmit any information obtained through the use of this service for any purpose other than your own personal use without the prior consent of the Company and the listed facility, and shall not allow any third party to use such information in any manner whatsoever.
- When a contract for an experience is executed in accordance with Article 3, Paragraph 3, the customer shall execute the contract directly with the listed facility at his/her own responsibility.
- The customer shall fully understand and comply with the conditions, rules, etc. separately stipulated by the listed facilities in addition to the contract with the facility.
4. You shall not engage in any of the following acts when using the Service:
- Transmit or post information by impersonating a third party.
- Use the Service in any manner other than that approved by the Company
- Transmitting or posting harmful computer programs, or sending spam, chain letters, junk mail, etc.
- Infringing or threatening to infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of the Company, the listed facility, or any third party
- Any action that defames or slanders the Company, the listed facility, or a third party, or that is detrimental to the reputation of the Company, the listed facility, or a third party.
- Any act that discloses to others information, documents, graphics, etc. that are offensive to public order and morals
- Registering false or incomplete information regarding the name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or credit card number of a customer or user of the Experience, etc., whether intentionally or unintentionally
- Non-payment of fees for experiences, etc. (regardless of the reason)
- Disturbing behavior toward the listed facilities, the Company, or third parties, such as violent acts at the listed facilities
- Reservations that make it impossible to experience the facilities offered, such as making multiple reservations at the same facility on the same date.
- Resale to other parties or acts that are deemed to be reservations for commercial purposes.
- Acts that violate or may violate laws and regulations.
Article 8 (Violation of Customer Compliance)
- If a customer violates any of the compliance requirements in Article 7 or commits any other act that the Company deems inappropriate for the operation of the Service, the Company may require the customer to cease said act as well as suspend the use of the Service.
- In the case of Paragraph 1, if a contract has already been concluded in accordance with Article 3, Paragraph 3, the Company or the listed facility may deem that the said contract has been terminated by the customer for his/her own reason. In such a case, the fees already paid shall not be refunded, notwithstanding Article 5, Paragraph 2.
- In the case of Paragraph 1, if the Company incurs any damage, the customer shall be obligated to compensate the Company for any and all damages sustained by the Company.
Article 9 (Copyright)
- The customer shall not use any Content provided through the Service beyond the scope of personal use as defined by Japanese copyright law without the prior consent of the Company or the listed facility.
- In the event of a dispute arising from a violation of the provisions of this Article, the customer shall resolve said dispute at their own expense and responsibility, and shall hold the Company and third parties harmless from any and all damages.
Article 10 (Temporary Suspension of the Service)
MACHIYA LOCALS reserves the right to temporarily suspend operation of the Service without prior notice to you in any of the following cases:
- When performing maintenance or changing specifications of MACHIYA LOCALS
- In the event of a natural disaster or other emergency, or the threat of such an emergency, making the operation of the Service impossible.
- When MACHIYA LOCALS deems it necessary to temporarily suspend operation of the Service for any other unavoidable reason.
Article 11 (Disclaimer of Liability)
- The Company is not obligated to investigate the business conditions of the listed facilities.
- Although the Company strives to provide the most accurate & up-to-date information, the Company does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information listed on MACHIYA LOCALS.
- The Company shall not be liable for any problems that may arise between a customer and a listed facility in relation to an experience, unless such problems are caused by reasons attributable to MACHIYA LOCALS. In such a case, the customer and the listed facility shall resolve the said problem between themselves.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss, delay, misdelivery of information, or falsification or leakage of information by a third party due to a natural disaster, line congestion, equipment failure, or suspension of this service for maintenance, or termination of participation by the listed facility, except in cases where such damage is caused by reasons attributable to the Company.
- The Company shall not be liable for any disputes between the customer and the listed facility in connection with the Service, including those described in the preceding paragraphs, unless such disputes are caused by reasons attributable to the Company.
- In the event that the Company or a third party suffers damage as a result of an act of a customer falling under any of the items of Article 7.4, the customer shall bear all legal responsibility and shall not cause damage to the Company or a third party.
- Even if the Company assumes liability in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, the Company's liability shall be limited to direct and ordinary damages, unless the Company is willful or grossly negligent.
Article 12 (Modification of Terms and Conditions)
- The Company may change these terms and conditions or any other terms and conditions stipulated by the company (hereinafter referred to as "Terms and Conditions") without prior notice to the customer. Please be sure to check the Terms and Conditions each time you use the Service.
- By using the Service after any change to the Terms of Service, etc., the Company deems that the customer has accepted the changed Terms of Service, etc.
Article 13 (Prohibition of Assignment of Rights and Obligations)
- The customer shall not transfer to a third party or offer as security the customer's status as a customer with respect to the Service or the rights and obligations based on such status, except with the prior consent of the Company.
- If a customer violates Paragraph 1 of this Article, the Company may suspend the customer's use of the Service and deem the contract for the experience, etc. to have been canceled by the customer for his/her own reason. In addition, the customer shall be obligated to compensate the Company for any and all damages incurred by said customer.
Article 14 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
- The use of the Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan, without regard to conflict of laws principles.